MS Outlook to MAC

P

Paul G

I'm ordering my first Apple Mac very soon, an iMac 20" TFT display, 160GB Ultra ATA drive and 512MB SDRAM! I've been a windows user for ages and can't wait to switch.

I'm currently using MS Outlook and really like it, I rely on it heavily for reminding me of dates and appointments. As you can imagine I have ALL my email addresses and contacts in there. I can't decide whether to use Entourage or Mail but does anyone know how I can import all my files from MS Outlook without having to manually input them into either one.

Also can anyone suggest which may be better to use, Entourage or Mail?

Thanks for your help.
Paul

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro Quad Xeon 2.66GHz 3GB RAM, G4 Quicksilver w/Sonnet 1GHz Encore ST, 1ghz G4 Powerbook
If you go with mail, you will also have to use iCal to get the date and appointment functions.

OP
R

ratz

It might sound crazy but I use both. I use mail just to quickly check my email but I use Entourage to organize my mail with catagoryies and custom views. I keep thinking I should just choose one but I like both of them. What I really wish is that Apple would put some of the features of Entourage in Mail, then I would use Mail all of the time. As far as importing your info

first go here http://www.apple.com/switch/howto/ and read
and then go here http://www.apple.com/switch/howto/pc/email.html

;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Flat Panel iMac -15" 1.5GHz, 80GB HDD, 128MB ATI video card, 1GB RAM- PowerBook
ratz provided two really good links that will help you make the switch over. I just switched last week and didn't have a problem. I use Mail.app for my .mac address and I use entourage for my primary e-mail and to read usenet newsgroups. If you are a student you can get Mac Office for only $135 that includes the full versions of Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Entourage. Very well worth it if you ask me.

rberry88

OP
R

ratz

They recently came out with Office 2004.
Also check the Apple web site under their Switch section for any other questions you may have as far as switching. But I am glad to be of help. I forgot to mention also that I can check both my .Mac and Hotmail accounts in both Mail and Entourage.

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
I used Mail until I got Gmail.

OP
P

Paul G

Absolute Zero said:
I used Mail until I got Gmail.
Thanks everyone, I actually downloaded Outlook2Mac last night for $10 and was able to save all my outlook files to Mac compatible files. Haven't got the mac yet, waiting for the new iMacs to emerge, but am getting prepared. I think my other documents should be easy enough to transfer.

What's GMail?

Thank you,
Paul :D

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
OP
Z

ZenithApricot

Mail + iCal + AddressBook + .mac

I use Mail for one main reason: I can back everything up on my .mac account and see it from any computer, even a PC.

Paul G said:
I'm ordering my first Apple Mac very soon, an iMac 20" TFT display, 160GB Ultra ATA drive and 512MB SDRAM! I've been a windows user for ages and can't wait to switch.

I'm currently using MS Outlook and really like it, I rely on it heavily for reminding me of dates and appointments. As you can imagine I have ALL my email addresses and contacts in there. I can't decide whether to use Entourage or Mail but does anyone know how I can import all my files from MS Outlook without having to manually input them into either one.

Also can anyone suggest which may be better to use, Entourage or Mail?

Thanks for your help.
Paul

OP
P

Paul G

Thanks very much for all your help. I've actually bought Outlook2Mac. Hopefully not a waste of money!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.