MPB keeps forgetting Gmail passwords

Reaction score
My MPB (10.13.6) keeps forgetting the Gmail passwords in Apple Mail.
Sometimes when I restart they come back - otherwise I have to re-enter them?
Can someone pse tell me why this is happening?

Update - this morning I restarted but the passwords were still forgotten. I had to reset them all in Apple Mail via System Prefs

Thanks in advance.
M

Last edited:

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
If you have had these address' for a long time I would advise deleting them and re entering them as new. For some reason known only to the much more technically minded this sometimes works.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Update - this morning I restarted but the passwords were still forgotten. I had to reset them all in Apple Mail via System Prefs

I've had this happen with Gmail also. Usually the way to get it working again is to remove the old password from your keychain using the keychain.app located in utilities. Then access the Gmail web page and enter a new password. Now open Apple Mail, preferences, and enter the new password. That should get things working again.

OP
M
Reaction score
Many thanks to both for the suggestion ... I'll certainly try the fix and let you know in due course how things turn out.
M

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.