MP3 discs not loading in iTunes

Reaction score
Hi Everyone, I am trying to load some audio book MP3 discs from my local library into iPlayer for transfer to my iPad to listen on the move. The problem is that although they appear on my screen and even in 'My Playlist' any attempt to play them results in a pop-up saying the track could not be used because the original file could not be found. I've never had this problem before although I've not tried to do this for some time. I'm running OS X El Capitan 10.11.4 and iTunes 13.3.3.17. To be honest iTunes has been a bipod since I upgraded El Capitan. Any ideas anyone please.
GARI

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Hi GARI,

I'm just wondering, in a completely neutral way, if these audio-books discs might be copyright protected?

Ian

Reaction score
Can you try the following:

- Look for the Disc on your desktop or within Finder, in the left-hand sidebar
- Drag a file from the disc to your desktop or elsewhere
- Double-click the dragged file and see if it opens automatically with iTunes

Your post is a bit hard to follow as you mention "iPlayer" - I assume you are referring to iTunes, and when you say "appear on my screen", where on your screen do you mean? Within iTunes, on the desktop or where?

OP
G
Reaction score
Hi Yogi, yes my post was a bit garbled,sorry, I'll try and run through it a bit plainer. (With respect to copyright TWT, it is copyrighted but the pack clearly states "Load onto your iPod faster. Play them on your PC. Or enjoy them on your home or car CD player provided it's MP3 friendly". So, if I can't load them onto my desktop I can't transfer them to my iPad So I don't know how copyright protection can work in this case.)
Anyway this is what happens.
Load disc. Disc icon appears on desktop. Double click it. A screen comes up with the folder in it. double click the folder. Another screen comes up with all the files each represented by the package art work. Click on a file and it starts to play. iTunes is not open. Open iTunes and the art work appears as an album in 'My Music' double click on this and only one file of fifteen appears. Open playlists and the title is in a playlist of its own but no files are shown. Drag a file to desktop, open it and it plays but iTunes does not open. If I click the playlist title on the lefthand side of the playlist screen it shows no files and under the title header it says 'No Files' . It's a real muddle. I've ben messing with it all morning. Thanks for your replies BTW.
G.

Reaction score
Aha - looks like reading directly from disc doesn't work but from your Mac does.

The files you dragged to your desktop - try dragging those into an empty playlist in iTunes. That should allow you to listen to all the music.

OP
G
Reaction score
Morning Yogi, thanks for your advice. I finally got them in to the Mac and onto my iPad. Great stuff, thanks very much.
Gari

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.