Moving songs on iPod to blank iTunes library.

Reaction score
Ok, here's the deal: A while ago my Dell crashed, and it wouldn't work. We went out and bought an iMac. My mom's iTunes library was on the Dell, which we cannot access. So, is it possible to move my mom's library, which is only available on her iPod, to the new iMac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
Yup. Senuti should do it, or there are a variety of other apps that will.

Unless it being Windows formatted will make a difference, in which case I'm not too sure, but well worth a try.

OP
Mac Convert
Reaction score
Also, while I'm here do you know how I can transfer the present library on the iMac to a HP laptop my mom just got?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well, if it's a little one you could enable disk mode on the iPod and use it as an external hard drive.

Or you could go from the iPod to the PC like with Senuti. http://www.ipodrip.net/

Picked that link fairly randomly BTW, not used it myself.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" 2.13 MacBook Pro, 2 GB RAM, Parallels w/ Windows XP Pro, 60 GB Video iPod.
Congrats on the Mac. I suggest the exact same thing as skaheadpunk.

Reaction score
Here is a little suggestion.
If it is like your past machine has been clashed , it could be because of the storage medium itself that has led to do this.It is preferable that you do not do any exchanges from the past device and start new device with new songs , no nee dteh old songs when you feel that teh old songs be the reason that will destry the new device.

OP
Mac Convert
Reaction score
Um, joe.inom, I'm not sure what you're saying, but I got it all worked out, thanks to skaheadpunk. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Happy to have helped :).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.