Moving Outlook2000 emails and contacts over...

Reaction score
Hi,

Firstly, thanks for answering all my questions, while I was deciding. My Mac Mini was delivered yesterday, and I think I now truly know what it is to love...

I've set everything up, but in trying to export/import my Outlook 2000 e-mails and contacts, I can't seem to find a way of exporting in a way that is compatable to import into Mail/Address book

Can anybody help me?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
when you first open mail and the setup screens come up, t asks if you'd like to import mail/addresses/accounts from another mail app, just select the app you want and it should work fine. or in mail, choose File>Import mailboxes, and follow the instructions, I believe you have to have outlook open when you do this, but don't quote me.

OP
J
Reaction score
Macman said:
when you first open mail and the setup screens come up, t asks if you'd like to import mail/addresses/accounts from another mail app, just select the app you want and it should work fine. or in mail, choose File>Import mailboxes, and follow the instructions, I believe you have to have outlook open when you do this, but don't quote me.

Thanks for the reply...

I tried that, but doesn't work as it only pulls from Outlook Express, not Outlook 2000, completely different programs in that respect.

Jude

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad 32 GB 3G
Well, if you can grab them from outlook express, why not open express and import all of your messages and contacts from outlook into that, then pull everything over into mail?

OP
J
Reaction score
dan828 said:
Well, if you can grab them from outlook express, why not open express and import all of your messages and contacts from outlook into that, then pull everything over into mail?

Good thinking!!

I've pulled my mail store from outlook express (on windows machine) onto a usb flash drive... but when coming to import into mail, it wants to open outlook express on my mac first in order to do so... and i don't have it!? Is there a mac version i should download in order to that? Can't find a way just to pull the stuff direct from the mail store..

Jude

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad 32 GB 3G
Judestone said:
Good thinking!!

I've pulled my mail store from outlook express (on windows machine) onto a usb flash drive... but when coming to import into mail, it wants to open outlook express on my mac first in order to do so... and i don't have it!? Is there a mac version i should download in order to that? Can't find a way just to pull the stuff direct from the mail store..

Jude

http://www.microsoft.com/mac/otherproducts/outlookexpress/outlookexpress.aspx?pid=outlookexpress

I guess you can install that, import from your flash drive, then import from that into mail. I've never done this, but it sounds like it should work. ;)

Let us know if it works.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.