Moving from 11 Pro Max to 12 Pro Max

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 MBPro 16" wi/Retina Display, iPhone 15 Pro Max, MBPro 13" (2021).
Do you guys have a preferred method of transferring the contents of your old iPhone to your new one?

Thanks and regards to all -

Rich

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
Depends on the Cellular service. If you have anybody but Verizon, just follow the prompts on the new iPhone. You bring them close together, point one at the screen of the other, as directed, they link up and the process will proceed to migrate everything over.

If you have Verizon, that doesn't work because of the way Verizon activates the new phone. What I had to do was to choose the manual process, then activate the phone over cellular (the only way Verizon allows) and then restore from a backup I had made of the old phone.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Rich,

My preferred method has always been via iTunes. It has never let me down yet.

The advantage from my viewpoint is that there is a direct cable link from iTunes on my Mac to the iPhone. I’m always cautious about methods that rely exclusively on WiFi.

As I’m sure you know, you can also do this from iCloud, assuming you regularly back up your phones to iCloud.

iMazing works for some. I keep it as a last resort.

Ian

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Thread moved to better area (iPhone Hardware). Was posted in macOS Operating System.

Thanks,

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.