Moving files

Reaction score
This has probably been asked but I couln't find anything so here goes. Comming from windows I used a prog called faststone A simple pic viewer that would allow me to quickly view my pics,decide which ones i'm gonna keep and just drag them into the file on my hard drive. I can't seem to find anything that works that easy with mac. So with that in mind I'm trying to use finder. I put my sd card in. pull up my photos. Now I want to move them instead of copying them In windows I could click on the little plus sign in the tree folder and open up sub folder of any directory. Then drag and drop into that folder. I can't figure out how to do that on mac. I've read were ppl can do it but I stil can't figure it out. When I'm in finder I can't open up the tree like in windows so when I click on the pics all I can seem to do is drag them to what ever is there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
You can just drag and drop the images you need on to the desktop, or make a folder on desktop for you to drag them into.
It's really that easy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
In windows I could click on the little plus sign in the tree folder and open up sub folder of any directory. Then drag and drop into that folder. I can't figure out how to do that on mac.

List View is most similar to Windows Explorer. I don't quite understand your last statement (not quoted). Are you using Icon View only?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Using this you can just click on file to select it then tap space bar for a preview then Command W to close preview, then deal to the file as u want. With Launchbar it is quick to launch and keyboard driven except for one click to select file.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
There's a dozen different ways to move them around, but here's the one I would try...

Open Finder. Hit Command-N. This will give you a second Finder window. Make one your source and the other your target destination. Tap spacebar to preview the highlighted pics in the source window, and drag the desired ones from one window to the other.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.