mouse

T

The mac 13

i was recently playing with some of the iMacs at office1(singapore).. went up to it and opened something(i think that it was safari)i realise that after double clicking, the mouse freezes while the app opens. after the app opened fully then the mouse was back to life.i tired a 12"pb at another store and there was no such prob eventhou i opened a memory hungry app, photoshop cs!!!i know that macs have probs with their mouse.so i m wondering if the mouse freeze common? if so, y?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
What kind of iMac was it? The first iMacs where G3, ranging from 233MHz to 600MHz. So if it was one of the older ones, this might be the explanation, because they are quite slow on OS X.
And since when do Macs have problems with the mouse?!?
Where did you hear that?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
mac 13, what mouse problems? Please back up your statements.....

OP
T

The mac 13

Avalon said:
What kind of iMac was it? The first iMacs where G3, ranging from 233MHz to 600MHz. So if it was one of the older ones, this might be the explanation, because they are quite slow on OS X.

its the new iMac swivel screen, it shd b the 1ghz version.. or cld b 1.25ghz version. i m VERY certain that its not the 20" version.

Avalon said:
And since when do Macs have problems with the mouse?!?
Where did you hear that?

Cant remember where i gt that source. Sori if there was no such prob.. :eek:

----------------------
i was saved by schweb

OP
T

The mac 13

schweb said:
mac 13, what mouse problems? Please back up your statements.....

Ok like let say that u double click microsoft word, while waiting 4 it to open, the mouse dissapear and there was no movement. eventhou i moved it vigoriously..

----------------------
i was saved by schweb

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs
I understand what u mean. I think the issue here is memory. Low RAM will freeze ur input devices, including keyboard, while launching an app. I've seen it happen before.

OP
T

The mac 13

Strider said:
I understand what u mean. I think the issue here is memory. Low RAM will freeze ur input devices, including keyboard, while launching an app. I've seen it happen before.

tats leads to another question. wats the minumum ram needed on panther?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
I agree with Strider, OS Xs performance (from 10.0 to 10.3) is very much linked with RAM-size... the more you have, the better it runs.

Apple suggests a minimum of 256MB for Panther, but I would say the very minimum to have a smooth system is 512MB. At 768MB it starts getting comfortable, you don't need to worry about not having enough for most things. 1GB is the minimum I would put in a Mac used for serious video and audio editing, although in this case, putting the maximum possible amount of memory would be a very good idea.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.