• Welcome to the new Mac-Forums. See News and Community Announcements for more details.

mouse / pen / tablet recomendations

E

EvoMac

Sorry I'm sure that their is a better term that that but I am starting to tinker around with some graphic design with my new mac, and have started to see the need to buy one of those mouse / pen mouse / tablet sets. I think it would be much easer to draw stuff in PS with having that. I was wondering if anyone on these boards have one of these sets and what your recomendations are. I have no idea what is a good one, what to look for, etc. I don't want anything that expensive, but then again I don't want something that dosent respond well either.

Links to models or pics of your own setup would be of great help if possible.

Thanks in advance to those that reply.

M

morningrise

don't buy anything other than a Wacom branded tablet. The Graphire series is great for learning, however if you want a tablet that you'll be able to grow into then i suggest the intuos2 or 3... I have the intuos3 6x8 and I love it.... it's got great pressure sensitivity and tons of buttons for shortcuts and stuff.....

It'll run you around 300-350 bucks, so if you're serious about persuing this then I highly recommend it.

You could probably find an intuos2 for a bit cheaper but it doesn't have all the shortcut buttons that the intuos3 has....

hope that helps.