Mouse Cursors

Reaction score
Two threads started in one day. Wow.

Anyway, I was thinking about changing my mouse cursor. However, the only known solution for my version of OSX is MightyMouse, a "haxie" by the now-defunct Unsanity. Anyone know of an alternative for OSX Tiger? Thanks in advance :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
I'm a bit late replying but I see noone else has.

But I don't really understand your question and are you wanting to change your mouse or your mouse cursor i.e.:pointer?

Nor do I uderstand your "alternative for OSX Tiger?" question.

OP
M
Reaction score
Mouse cursor.

By alternative for OSX Tiger I mean an app similar to Mighty Mouse, but needs to run on AT LEAST OSX Tiger.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
What Mac model and mouse are you using now? Power PC or Intel Mac?

And I can't recall or check if Tiger has a "disability" preference pane in its System Preferences where one can at least change the Mouse option's pointer size.

And did you want more than that?

FWIW: there is a beta mightymouse-20b1.dmg available but not sure if it's compatible with your Mac and OS X at:
http://download2us.softpedia.com/dl.../400005268/mac/Utilities/mightymouse-20b1.dmg, Download Mighty Mouse 2.0.0 Beta 1 / 1.3 (Mac) - Softpedia

BTW: Not a site that I'd highly recommend downloading from, but it seems OK when I tried!!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Did you try it? Price seems right at $10 if it will work in Yosemite.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Did you try it? Price seems right at $10 if it will work in Yosemite.

No, I didn't try using or installing it as I don't need it, I just mentioned that the download worked OK.

Neither do I know if the $10 fee is mandatory, I didn't notice, but it may be hard to pay for if the company is no longer in business. ;) I didn't check that either.

I'm also not clear on what the OP is wanting mouse/pointer wise, or the Mac they're using - PPC of Intel etc.

OP
M
Reaction score
Intel, an iMac 5,1 series. 2006. If possible, a way to get mouse cursors to change on OSX 10.4 and 10.9 (Mavericks)? I have my 10.9 MacBook back now.

These cursors are what I wanted to change my mouse pointer to:
Sonic the Hedgehog Cursors

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
No, I didn't try using or installing it as I don't need it, I just mentioned that the download worked OK.

Don't bother if you're using Yosemite as it won't install. It might work with Mavericks but I have no way to test it right now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel, an iMac 5,1 series. 2006. If possible, a way to get mouse cursors to change on OSX 10.4 and 10.9 (Mavericks)? I have my 10.9 MacBook back now.

These cursors are what I wanted to change my mouse pointer to:
Sonic the Hedgehog Cursors

Well, I have no idea why you'd want something like that, but it's your choice and your Mac, but don't forget that doing so will probably involve mucking about with the System and Library(s), not exactly a recommended thing to do. :p

If you need to, just do a Google search such as this or similar:
https://www.google.ca/search?client...&oe=UTF-8&gfe_rd=cr&ei=7kLzVJm3F4-rmAL2x4GwBQ

Or even use your own search description:
https://www.google.ca/search?client...-8&oe=UTF-8&gfe_rd=cr&ei=GEjzVK7LLdCrmAKPloFo

You should be able to find almost what you want. Also, don't bypass looking at the page of Images found, and if you see something of interest, select the image and click the "Visit Page" which will take you to the site, for either possibly a mod, or a download and maybe instructions.

But you've been warned. Have fun. ;) :Cool:

Last edited:
OP
M
Reaction score
Mighty Mouse doesn't work; you need to pay to actually change the cursor to custom files. Searching Mac cursors doesn't help because they're all Mac cursors for Windows. Anyone know where the mouse cursors are located in the System's folders?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.