Monitor Connection

Reaction score
Hi, I have a PowerPC G4 800MHz running OSX 10.2.8 which has VGA and ADC monitor connections, I have acquired an Apple Cinema 20inch screen which has a DVI connector, I am totally confused with what is the best way to get the monitor working with my G4, will a simple adapter work, do I need a special adpater or is it best to get a video card with DVI?

thanks

Pete

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Check the actual connection Pete to make sure it is not actually ADC (Apple Direct Connect) which looks very, very similar to DVI. This will be so if it has the perspex surrounds and four legs. The advantage is the ADC connector carries power, sound, picture signal and USB connections in the one single cable. Here is ADC and DVI:-

The Apple Display Connector (ADC)

What Kind of DVI Cable do I Need? -- Blue Jeans Cable

I would imagine the G4 has an ADC and VGA connections?

Last edited:
OP
O
Reaction score
Connector

Thanks for the reply, the connector on the monitor is definitely DVI and yes the G4 has VGA and ADC. Am attaching a pic of the monitor connector.

Pete

DVIConnector.jpg

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.