• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Money to burn ...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
:Angry: People like this make me bloody angry ...... Then again i had a good laugh as he is loosing money it .. Nut have a look at this

20100320-132gjwujpe9gyfu1qg5i1kqs9.jpg

Where i live it is the Australian Capital and a lot of money here, politicians, public servants, but for the life of me cant understand why people do this. Buy something worth a few $ then in 3 weeks there bored with it.
If i had the $ i would probably get it from him, BUT COME ON PEOPLE have you never heard of

Try before you buy.

I reckon he was one of those people that had to have the Mac on the table in a cool cafe, and saying "Look at me" haha
Sorry 230am here and needed to rant ...

RANT OVER ;P

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
32G iPad
We all get bored of something, I like new gadgets if I make a mistake i pay for it.

OP
TattooedMac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
We all get bored of something, I like new gadgets if I make a mistake i pay for it.
Yea i do too but 3 weeks .... Does not compute

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
More like I don't understand how it works.....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook : 2.26ghz,2gb ram and love it
I always see it as, if you work hard and earn a decent income, then spend it on what you want. We all get bored of items.

People look at my mother and think she is stupid for just flying where she wants when she and her friends get bored so fly round Europe for a 4 day weekend. Yet they neglect the fact the she busted her *** of for near 8 years in University to be able to do that.

Not starting a bad thread, just saying from a different perspective.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
I think this is a case of some people value money differently to others. For me A macbook or imac is a long long time to save up. And for others it's just loose change in their pocket, and meh if they don't liek it in a week they sell it. Sure I understand soem people work hard for their money. But I deseves a little respect too I think.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
The best part is usually the people who can buy and throw away macs know next to nothing about how to use them. Then there are people like me and you (some of you) who have to save up, but know the computer inside and out. We will one day make money for our hard work spent learning.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
I've acquired many a Mac from folks who have sold for various reasons. God bless them, as I would have had to pay full retail for many things I've acquired. More money for more fun stuff. Most of the used Macs that I have snagged were advertised as "My parents got me this Mac for school..." Darwinism seems to work things out though, the fit benefitting from the feeble.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
It's all relative. People who live on only a few dollars a day would probably see some of your spending habits as wasteful. Conversely, the person selling this would see a millionaire tossing thousands a day and call it wasteful.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook : 2.26ghz,2gb ram and love it
Very well said.

My wife is very economical and see's buying even a 30k Mustang as a waste of money. She is happy to spend 10k on a family car and have it last 5 years, where I am the total opp to her. I dont like to keep a car for more than 2 years.
Everybody is just so different. I think it is stupid for these rich people to spend hundreds of dollars in a rich restaurant just to eat a small gourmet lunch.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Agreed but these rich people do help the economy. If they didn't spend hundreds of dollars in fancy restaurands all the time, many chefs like me would be out of work. Sure that way of spending on money is frivolous and a waste on worlds resources at times. But it does help keep the economy turning and people employed.

It's all relative. People who live on only a few dollars a day would probably see some of your spending habits as wasteful. Conversely, the person selling this would see a millionaire tossing thousands a day and call it wasteful.

I agree. But I'm one of those people who get by on a few hundred dollars a week. And just like you said I find their spending habits wasteful. So it's complicated. Wasteful habitsd are bad but these bad habits keep myself and others in a job.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
Like many things in life... no simple answers...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
... for the life of me cant understand why people do this. Buy something worth a few $ then in 3 weeks there bored with it.

Ever heard such people called twits?
Really, it's TWITS:
T hose
W ith
I ncome
T o
S quander

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Meh. It's their money, why do I care?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
I am old enough to know you should save money for a rainy day but when one of my gadgets fail beyond repair/cost ratio its stormy weather as far as I am concerned.

Reaction score
I think if you want to be rich you have to save. Think about all those bankrupt football players who do not know how to manage their money when they are drop from the league.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Well, I think athletes who can't manage their money end up with very little of it before they are no longer playing. They run up debts and continuing expenses that their post-sports income cannot sustain. I'm currently reading a biography of a famous athlete who realized he only had 5-6 more years of hauling in the "big bucks" (in the 1970's) and needed to change his lifestyle. Haven't gotten to the end, but I think he's doing ok now.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.