MobileSync space management?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 2017 Monterey, iMac 27 Mid 2011 High Sierra, MacBook Pro Retina 15 inch Mid 2015 Catalina
Working on freeing up disk space. Using Disk Space Analyzer Pro. In my area on the system disk I came across Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup using 144 GB. Is that where my iPhone (and iPad?) backups go? Anything else? I am not clear what to do to manage it. It seems like A LOT. I do routinely do backups (mostly daily) via iTunes (in High Sierra), and have forever more or less.

BTW - until recently iTunes would see the iPhone, oresumably via Bluetooth, when the phone is not connected via USB. Also, every time I do a backup of the phone from iTunes I get a request to enter my login on the Phone. I don't think that was always so. I wondering about both those (the phone is now on iOS 17, but I think the changes were before that. Maybe I changed some setting somewhere?

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 2017 Monterey, iMac 27 Mid 2011 High Sierra, MacBook Pro Retina 15 inch Mid 2015 Catalina
I see there the sort of thing I think I want, but it is for Catalina and later and so is managed via Finder. Since this computer is stuck at High Sierra it deals with backups via iTunes and I am not at all sure about it. All that is working for me gets me to ...MobileSync/Backup where I see 10 folders with dates from today back to 2009. The most recent folder has a size of 48 GB. I am not clear. Am I suppose to just delete the older folders? Or is something not right with my Mac/OS?

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Upon further review I think maybe I have something really odd/wrong going on on this machine. I have a newer one coming that I can update to newer releases of MacOS. I think I will try to resist trying to "fix" this one until I have the new one and manage to migrate the system disk.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.