Mobile Me thoughts?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook core 2 duo 2.1ghz 4gb memory and 8GB iPhone 3G
I decided to try the 2 free months out and I think its pretty sweet im considering hosting my about me/portfolio site on there as well just because its got lots of interesting features that are pretty cool

the pushing, picture uploads and such, what can i say, i enjoy them, and they are awesome with the iphone.

what are your guys thoughts on this stuff? Any of you guys use/subscribe to the Mobile Me package.

Reaction score
I have used .mac for two years now but I am debating on renewing it. Reasons: I don't have an iPhone (yet); that stupid cloud reminds me of Microsoft's ME; I cannot figure out why they would change .mac (which tells the world I use a Mac) to .me (which sounds very self-centered).

Reaction score
I have used .mac for two years now but I am debating on renewing it. Reasons: I don't have an iPhone (yet); that stupid cloud reminds me of Microsoft's ME; I cannot figure out why they would change .mac (which tells the world I use a Mac) to .me (which sounds very self-centered).

If you currently have .mac it will still work apparently

you dont have to change to .me

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook 2.4GHz/4GB Ram/320GB HD
I absolutely love it, and I'll be renewing my subscription next year. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
people with .mac accounts can still use the domain name. I have to admit, if you've got a touch or iphone or multiple macs you use daily, .me is pretty slick.

Reaction score
the stupid ".me" domain name

i won't end up keeping my free trial, because just the very name sounds, as mentioned abov, very self centered, to someone not int he know !

Seriously, how could that have been overlooked ?!

Reaction score
I signed up for the free trial when mobileme launched and can use @mac.com for email and gallery.mac.com etc. - I think you'll find they're just forwarding mac.com to me.com (or vice versa).

OP
imnothardcore
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont understand why this self centered thing is an issue i thought the email and stuff was kinda cool [email protected]

i dont know, i really like it and as i said think i may transfer my sites .com to it once i finish it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I'm planning on signing up for my free trial when Apple gets all of the issues ironed out. No use in wasting it while there are still some major issues :p

OP
imnothardcore
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm planning on signing up for my free trial when Apple gets all of the issues ironed out. No use in wasting it while there are still some major issues :p

what issues are there? just out of curiousity, i havent noticed anything bad i really like it.... :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
When it was first launched there were serious syncing issues, along with mail problems. I know Apple has been working on fixing the issues, but I wanted to give the company a little more time to make sure everything is working as it should be.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I like it simply for the syncing capabilities between my Desktop, Laptop and iPhone. It has a way to go capability wise (Syncing subscribed calendars to the iPhone would be nice) but it's a good deal IMHO.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
When it was first launched there were serious syncing issues, along with mail problems. I know Apple has been working on fixing the issues, but I wanted to give the company a little more time to make sure everything is working as it should be.
I haven't experienced any of those issues, I did however, get a free month because of those issues (was a .mac subscriber thanks to an outrageous deal last year)

OP
imnothardcore
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
lol alright awesome, as it stands im gonna keep it after my couple months lol. and probably even move my portfolio/whatever site over to be hosted by it too.

thanks alot for your input guys, and as stated the syncing is awesome i really like it alot. if you are reading this and are unsure about it once its setup its pretty cool. Taking pictures with my phone and pushing them to online from anywhere is pretty sweet also.

Reaction score
I signed up for the free trial when mobileme launched and can use @mac.com for email and gallery.mac.com etc. - I think you'll find they're just forwarding mac.com to me.com (or vice versa).

just tried to email myself at DOT MAC instead of DOT ME .. and it is not working .. getting returned ?

This does not work for me ? DARN IT.

Am I doing something wrong here ?!

Reaction score
just tried to email myself at DOT MAC instead of DOT ME .. and it is not working .. getting returned ?

This does not work for me ? DARN IT.

Am I doing something wrong here ?!

How long have you been with it? I am under the understanding that "new" signups only get dot me - not dot mac. That is one of my gripes - why in the world would they change a "mac" address to something else!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4GHZ PROCESSOR / 4GB RAM / 200GB HHD - iPhone 3G 16GB Black
I am still on my free trial, but I am happy with it. I run an iMac at work, a MBP at home, and an iPhone. I love being able to sync all my contacts between the machines and make changes on my iPhone only to find it all updated across the board.

The me.com emails are great because they are nice and short. If apple didn't keep giving me an extension on my free trial for all the problems, I would have already paid for a renewal.

Even with the problems which I have not experienced I will defiantly renew it!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
How long have you been with it? I am under the understanding that "new" signups only get dot me - not dot mac. That is one of my gripes - why in the world would they change a "mac" address to something else!!
Marketing, my wife asked this yesterday and was told that they're aiming at windows users too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro: 2.66ghz Dual-Core Intel Xeon, 4gb Ram, ATi X1900 XT 512MB, 1TB HDD, 19" LCD
I have found it OK so far, alot of issues that need ironing out but i just been handed another 2 month free trial which now takes me up to December. Few issues I have had:

Boot up time of macbook and mac pro seems to be a little slower now I have enabled mobileme

Connection timeout errors on macbook when trying to push manually - fine with Mac pro

me.com website... often has problems loading calender and address book so have to re-start browser and log in again

Also experience problem pushing from the macbook, I.E will add a contact on macbook and it doesn't sync... add it to mac pro and 1 min later its on the macbook

Having said that, with an extension on my trial I am seriously considering keeping it come december. I just hope they iron out the creases

Reaction score
I tried it out and glanced around when my friend was showing me it and I liked it.

Personally, I don't think the @me.com is self-centered at all? I don't understand how it comes off as that. To me it comes off as a personal storage and email, etc.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.