Missing OSX version, where did it go????

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4, 250GB HD, 1.25 GB ram, 1TB MyBook, 1TB SimpleTech, 250GB SimpleTech
I have a PowerBook G4, 1.33GHz ppc G4, 250 GB HD, 1.25 GB DDR SD ram. I had been running OSX 10.4.2 until my original HD died. I replaced the HD, no sweat and added more ram. Suddenly, all I had was OSX 10.3.9???

Took the dead HD to a local shop along with a new 1TB MyBook to load the old data onto. The tech got the drive operating and tranferred everything to the MyBook. Only $82.00 for the work BTW. The OSX 10.4.2 was not on the MyBook but all of my other apps were and I have reinstalled them on the PowerBook.

While looking around on the MyBook I found the "empty boxes" for the various OSX update packages. These were located in "Library">"Receipts" and labeled "MacOSXupdate10.4.8PPC.pkg". A long list of other updates were also in this location. A hand full of Desktop files from the old HD are not on the MyBook either. Might they be hiding somewhere?
Thanks for any help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Well you must have used Panther install discs, and the are probably what came with the Powerbook as Tiger only came with later G5 model machines. You will have to find, or purchase, Tiger discs, do a clean install and update to OS X.4.11.

Reaction score
quick... LOOK UNDER YOUR COUCH!!!! haha just kidding but unfortunately you will have to buy Tiger discs install and update back to OS X.4.11.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.