Missing available channels on Apple TV

Reaction score
Apple TV Model:A1469
Apple TV software: 7.0.2 (6915)

I live in Brazil and recently bought a third generation Apple TV.
After setting up all the wifi / log-ins etc. I started browsing and thought that the available channels were a bit limited just a load of mainstream movies, Netflix, a few other strange ones and a load of USA based sport channels.
Then I was at a friend's place and he showed me that he had a load more options including channels like ABC and HBO (on the main menu) on his than mine and he has exactly the same model and OS version!

Channels available on mine are (in alphabetical order):

Bloomberg
Crackle
Crunchyroll
Dailymotion
Esporte Interativo
Flickr
icloud photos
imovie theatre
KORTV
MLB.TV
NBA
Netflix
NFL Now
NHL
Podcasts
Qello Concerts
Radio
Trailers
Vevo
Vimeo
WSJ Live
WWE Network
YouTube

It really doesn’t make any sense that there should be a whole lot missing, especially as one has to pay for them. It’s like a shop that doesn’t want to show what it’s selling.....ridiculous!!!

I have also already tried:
deleting the log-in / user and reconfiguring from scratch.
Choosing a different region in settings > Menu > General > Region (tried both UK and USA).
Settings > Menu > General > Region Format (no change)
Settings > Menu > General > Software update (up to date)
Settings > Menu > General > reset (this reconfigures it to factory default and one has to re-set up all the log-ins etc.).
Restart (doesn’t do anything, just a general restart).

So I would really appreciate some info about this and if anyone knows of a solution or what would cause this.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Your friend doesn't have his jailbroken by any chance, does he?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.