Mircorphone not working in parallels

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15.4 core2duo 2.16 2gb
Hey, i've installed windows using parallels everything worked smoothly. everything is working except for the mic. can anyone tell me how to enable that feature? im using a macbook pro 15"
thanx

OP
comthre3
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Under the Windows control panel go to Sounds & Devices, then voice and see if the microphone is listed there.

OP
comthre3
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yes its there, intel(r) integrated Audio. but i cant unmute it for some reason.

OP
comthre3
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i can move it up and down, but it still doesnt work, is there of driver or something? is it working with u by any chance?

Reaction score
i can move it up and down, but it still doesnt work, is there of driver or something? is it working with u by any chance?

Yes, mine works.

Try doing the hardware test under the voice tab. It will take you through set up for the mic, to make sure it can hear you.

OP
comthre3
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
did that, the mic still doesnt work, could it be my windows version? i dont understand? i think im just gonna delete this version and install it again from the top. btw what kind of audio drivers does ur windows have intel(r)? cuz thats what i have. thanks

Reaction score
did that, the mic still doesnt work, could it be my windows version? i dont understand? i think im just gonna delete this version and install it again from the top. btw what kind of audio drivers does ur windows have intel(r)? cuz thats what i have. thanks

Yes, Intel microphone. What version of Windows are you using?

Do you have the latest parallels version? You could always try calling Parallels support and see what they say if nothing else helps.

OP
comthre3
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
they dont have a 1800 number!! ill do that if nothing else works im running windows xp pro sp2 what about u? thanx for the quick reply btw. and yes i have the latest version of parallels. btw did u have to install any drivers after installing windows? or did parallels do everything for u when u installed the parallels drivers ?

Reaction score
they dont have a 1800 number!! ill do that if nothing else works im running windows xp pro sp2 what about u? thanx for the quick reply btw. and yes i have the latest version of parallels. btw did u have to install any drivers after installing windows? or did parallels do everything for u when u installed the parallels drivers ?

I am running XP Pro SP2. All I did was install Parallels, then Windows, then Parallel Tools and everything worked.

OP
comthre3
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
guess ill do just that then, maybe it messed up everything cuz i tried installing the bootcamp drivers. so to remove a parallels machine u just delete the files from the folder thats it: or do i have to uninstall something?

Reaction score
guess ill do just that then, maybe it messed up everything cuz i tried installing the bootcamp drivers. so to remove a parallels machine u just delete the files from the folder thats it: or do i have to uninstall something?

You don't need the bootcamp drivers with Parallels, that could have screwed it up.

Open the "Parallels Desktop 2.5.XXXX Mac.dmg" file that you used to install Parallels Desktop. Click the Uninstall Parallels Desktop option.
In the next dialog click the Continue button.
In the next dialog click Uninstall.
Enter your password when prompted and press Return(Enter) on the keyboard.
Uninstaller removes Parallels Desktop from your computer, and displays the following dialog. Click the Finish button.

That is from this PDF on Page 28 or so http://www.parallels.com/files/upload/Parallels Desktop for Mac User Guide.pdf

OP
comthre3
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thanx, but i didnt wanna uninstall parallels. i just wated to remove the windows installation. im just did it :)

that makes no sense i've removed my parallels got my friends windows CD, installed it again, and the mic still wont work. it works in Garage band and all i dont know why it wouldnt work in windows. i have Sigmatel drivers now for somereason.

Reaction score
thanx, but i didnt wanna uninstall parallels. i just wated to remove the windows installation. im just did it :)

that makes no sense i've removed my parallels got my friends windows CD, installed it again, and the mic still wont work. it works in Garage band and all i dont know why it wouldnt work in windows. i have Sigmatel drivers now for somereason.

If You have a cell phone, that has coverage in Washington it might be worth it to give Parallels a call or use a phone card. You could also try emailing support @ http://www.parallels.com/support/p,2.

I think I have mentioned this above but start up parallels and install parallels tools again.

If that doesn't work, I am not sure what to tell you.

OP
comthre3
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
im in canada right now. but yeah i think im gonna give them a call. this isnt working for me, i;ve installed the tools and everything but still nothing. thanx bro :)

Reaction score
im in canada right now. but yeah i think im gonna give them a call. this isnt working for me, i;ve installed the tools and everything but still nothing. thanx bro :)

Good luck. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Reaction score
I broke out my Parallels manual.

If you download it online, page 123, could be helpful.

You need to open the Virtual Machine Config Editor under Parallels and go to Sound Options, then you can choose your output/input devices. That might help your mic issue.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.