Minor Annoyance - new mac

Reaction score
I've just notice that the screen jitters, just a little bump a few times a minute. It's like the whole screen just jumps up and down by a pixel or two (or more?). I'm not even touching it. (except to type this, obviously). What might cause it to do that? Is it trying to tell me something?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
New Mac? If it's new and the screen is not stable, make an appointment with Apple and have it looked at.

M

MacInWin

Is it the whole screen or just inside a window? Are you running in full screen mode? I ask because on my system it doesn't take much to have the contents of a window move. But the whole screen is solidly in place, it's just the contents are very sensitive to mouse movements.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP Retina mid 2015 15.4" 16GB 2.5 GHz OS Monterey; iPhone 12 128gb; iPad Mini 5, 64gb
I've just notice that the screen jitters, just a little bump a few times a minute. It's like the whole screen just jumps up and down by a pixel or two (or more?). I'm not even touching it. (except to type this, obviously). What might cause it to do that? Is it trying to tell me something?

It's trying to tell you get it back to Apple, quick. Not normal.

OP
D
Reaction score
Thanks! It was intermittent. Hasn't happened today. If it happens again I'll contact Apple. I thought maybe it was doing something smart / trying to grab my attention. Yes it was the whole screen.

M

MacInWin

Intermittent things tend to return. Keep an eye on it and if it happens even once more, back to Apple. It should NOT happen.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.