• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Milwaukee, WI

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
I am head to Milwaukee, WI next Monday, for 3 long weeks. I haven't been there in about 4 yrs.

Is there anyone from out there, or who is familiar with MKE to advise of cool places to go to during Weeknites and Weekends.

Cheers

Mina

OP
MinaMACMan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
WoW... I guess none of the cool folk of M-F like the Dairy Land Of America. May be I should send ya folks some Cheese Heads from there.

Hope it doesn't get too boring, but on the brite side, and again thanks to the Fine people on this Foum, I will be taking my MacBook with me so that should be fun,

Cheers

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
well, chicago's not too far.

and, well, if you really wanted to, you could make the trip to the twin cites in MN. ;)

have fun on the trip!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 iMac 10.6.8 | 2009 MacBook uni 10.6.8 | 2010 MBA 10.8.5 |
Sorry, Mina, I have no knowledge whatever of Milwaukee!
The closest I've ever been was when I passed it on a road trip to Minneapolis/St. Paul. ;)

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
I'm headed to Milwaukee tomorrow (technically, today) to register for fall classes and take a tour of their UW campus. The fact that I'm doing that makes me wonder why I'm still awake.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
OP
MinaMACMan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks a lot everybody. I appreciate the input.

TheCustomer99...

Last time I was in MKE it was 4 years ago, and I did stop by the school in Madison, is that where you heading? it looks like a pretty sweet campus and there is a lot of bars out there. Madison is about an hour from where I am going to be though, but it mite be worth the drive anyways.

Again thanks for all ur inputs

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
No, I'm going to the UW-Milwaukee campus, not UW-Madison.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
that's too bad, madison is a great town. if you went, i'd have to visit. ;)

hey! new smileys!

OP
MinaMACMan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yeah, I had a lot of fun in Madison when I was there 4 yrs ago. there is this really nice joint called "The Casbah" it was awesome.

Sadly though I don't think I'll have time to drive up to Madison, but anyways we'll see.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Stock MacBook Pro
Sorry for the late reply. I really need to visit this forum more. I'm from milwaukee.. born and raised.. Are you looking for food? Fun? Entertainment? Let me know and i'll do my best to get back to ya with some ideas that should make your stay more enjoyable :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.33 GHz 3 GB RAM
Hey there. I'm sitting in Milwaukee right now. My advice is to try out the art museum, right on the lake front on Wisconsin Avenue. Also give the Milwaukee Public Museum a look, as it's fairly impressive. It's on Wells Street. As for places to eat, there's a place called Ziggie's on Wisconsin and 17th (right at Marquette University's campus) that I think is amazing. Also, try out Water Street in the downtown area for a bunch of bars and restaurants.

OP
MinaMACMan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sweet. Thanks both MacAddict16 and Joshbrez.

Well, when I go there I will be staying in Waukesha, which if my memory doesn't fail me is about 20 mins away from MKE. I am just basically looking for fun places to hit in the afternoon, a couple of bars and the such.

Thanks again.

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Stock MacBook Pro
wow thats really weird because when i said i was from milwaukee I was saying as in "lived near" but honest to the lord above I currently LIVE in Waukesha! There is a place on 5th and National called La Perla, great mexican food. In the afternoon, cruise bluemound road a little bit (Brookfield, I can definatly explain to you how to get their) It's a 10 minute drive. Their isn't a WHOLE lot to do in Waukesha but if your looking for a nice bar try "Twist n' Olive" in Delafield right off hwy 83. I really like a cigar bar in downtown waukesha called "Nice Ash". It's a great place; Brand New, Very friendly bartenders and its always promising for a good time. Im going to need for you to explain your where-abouts in Waukesha so I can navigate you. If you are into Italian food, I work at a restraunt 5 minutes away from waukesha right off hwy 18 called "Mama Mia's" and I garuantee you will LOVE the food there. Let me know, i'll check this thread out in a little while.

OP
MinaMACMan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hey MacAddict,

The hotel where am gonna be staying is on Watertown Road. The landmark that I can remember clearly is a bar called The Red Roaster that was a waking distance from the hotel.

I have a Portable Garmin GPS Navigation System, so if you are able to give me addresses or street intersections that will be sweet.

I dont mind driving to downtown MKE either it was, again going on memory here, about 20 min away.

But thanks a lot for hooking me up with all the info, +Rep for you man.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Stock MacBook Pro
Not a problem man, im happy to do it. I just dont want you to be bored to tears in southeastern Wisconsin lol

Nice Ash- 327 W. Main Street, Waukesha, WI 53189
Mama Mia's- 200 West Summit aka Hwy 18, Wales Wisconsin 53183
Twist n' Olive (Super nice Martini Bar)-2730 Hillside Drive
Delafield, WI 53018

http://www.twistnolive.com/

Great Northern BBQ(my favorite place to eat lunch)- 2177 Silvernail Rd.
Pewaukee, WI 53072

Enjoy!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.