Migrating email accounts from one Mac to another

Reaction score
Hello,

I just made a clean install of Yosemite on my old iMac.

I have mail on a new Macbook Pro set up with several IMAP email accounts all configured correctly and how I like it. It is a real pain to do this in mail on the fresh install.

Is there a way I can export the account details of all my accounts across from my Macbook Pro to the old iMac. I don't need to worry about the emails, as they should all roll in once the accounts are set up (as it is IMAP).

But the accounts, with all their details, ports, passwords etc all moved across?

Regards,

OP
O
Reaction score
If anyone is interested, this sort of worked itself out. I didn't want to start Mail on the new installation in case it got messed up, until I knew that it wouldn't.

Turns out that not only did it not get messed up, but pulled all the account details across iCloud by the looks of things. All 5 email accounts appeared without any need to configure further automatically.

I have to say, I am rather impressed.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.