Mighty Mouse isn't smooth!

Reaction score
For some reason, when I use the wireless mighty mouse on my OS X side of my macbook, the result is less than good. The cursor doesn't move smoothly on the screen. I don't have a problem when I use it on the windows side, but the OS X side runs poorly. Why is that? Can I fix it?

Reaction score
Recent switcher also finding mouse not smooth

Hi I'm new to this forum site.

I know there is a switcher section but couldn't find a mouse thread within there.

I've recently switched to a mac and did some research on a mouse problem I'm having and at first it appeared I was suffering from the differences in Mouse Acceleration or Mouse Tracking between Mac and Windows that is identified in many forums and websites.

But I now believe that my problem is something different (or maybe its related but not exactly the same) to the mouse acceleration issue.

When I use a PC the mouse moves smoothly. When I use my new macbook (using a USB microsoft mouse) its a tad jumpy. This jumpiness is annoying in Photoshop and general usage.

I have played with the speed settings and also tried USB Overdrive, MouseFix, MouseZoom, Steermouse, which all seem to solve the Acceleration problem but not the smoothness issue.

If I lower the speed of the mouse tracking, it is much smoother, but then it doesn't move fast enough. If I raise the tracking speed or acceleration speed, the jerkiness returns.

I see that the 2 issues are related but I think they are different.

Can anyone shed light or better yet, offer some suggestions to solve my irritating problem?

I don't think I should have to buy a new mouse just because of this. A MS mouse should* work on a mac I would think.

Thank you very much.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.