Mic and Cam problems

Reaction score
hey, I got my mac a few months ago, and I have only one major problem with it.

I have a headset microphone, and a webcam, and they both work fine, just not at the same time.

whenever I turn on my webcam, my mic stops working, and I was wondring if anybody could help me out with this

Reaction score
ok first off, u dont need heaset mac already has an inbuilt one. so thats why it always tunrs off when u turn on ure cam lols. all u need is the mic software, eg. team speak..and ure set to go have fun

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
what mac has an "inbuilt" headset?

this guy may actually want to use the headset.

Ronok, it may help if you can provide a bit more info such as the type of mac you have.

Reaction score
umm no...mac has an inbuilt mic, so by putting a headset there where only confusing the mac. now..if u wanted mac to work with a headset, u need to have a software..which i said above is caleld TEAMSPEAK.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
then you really need to try to be a bit more clear. the way you write makes understanding you difficult. almost everyone here writes normally, not in that pre-adolescent 1337-ish speak. what you said was, "u dont need heaset mac already has an inbuilt one." which makes it sound like you are saying macs have built in headsets.

in all seriousness, you're probably going to get a lot of grief if you insist on writing this way. i highly suggest clearing that up a bit, just to make it easier on yourself and those you're trying to help.

OP
R
Reaction score
okay, but why does my mac work fine with my mic until my webcam is on?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Is your webcam an iSight? It has a microphone built in. Is it internal or external? Can you tell us a little more about the machine you have and the OS version you are running?

Reaction score
ok first off..its the way i talk.second trust me mac has an inbuilt headset and when i say INBUILT i mean inide the computer. also it would be better if he gave me what type of mac he has because not all have inbuilt. and he may need to use types of software. if he has ibook G4 or ImacG5 they have inbuilt headsets, so u dont need a headset u just talk from where u are all u need is a software and i dont no what its called but if u wanted to play a game or msn use team speak i think.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
that would be called a microphone - it is NOT a built in head set. period.

M

MacHeadCase

ok first off..its the way i talk.second trust me mac has an inbuilt headset and when i say INBUILT i mean inide the computer. also it would be better if he gave me what type of mac he has because not all have inbuilt. and he may need to use types of software. if he has ibook G4 or ImacG5 they have inbuilt headsets, so u dont need a headset u just talk from where u are all u need is a software and i dont no what its called but if u wanted to play a game or msn use team speak i think.

Like eric says...

It's a microphone. Must all the members here post this? NOT A BUILT-IN HEADSET, A BUILT-IN MICROPHONE.

Please don't confuse the OP.

Thank you.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
actually no.

headset: a set or single speaker in the form of headphones or earbud(s) that also has a microphone. they are never built into a computer.

microphone: a device designed to pick up sound. these can be attached to or built into just about anything (mp3 players, computers, stereo systems, headset combos, and actual stand alone mics).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Eric, thanks for continuing to champion the cause of clear use of language!

Meant sincerely, this is not a sarcastic remark.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
100% appreciated. :)

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Eric, thanks for continuing to champion the cause of clear use of language!

Meant sincerely, this is not a sarcastic remark.

Agreed

OP
R
Reaction score
the computer I'm using is a Mac Pro, OS X

my cam is a USB Logitech Quick Cam, I have the software that lets it work with iChat, and my headset is also logitech, but I'm not sure which model

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
have you tried logitech's support?

does the cam have a built in mic?

there could be a setting somewhere that you're missing to defeat the cam's mic...

just grasping at straws here (and trying to make up for derailing your thread a bit :)).

OP
R
Reaction score
the cam has a built in mic, yea, but it doesnt work either

and I don't think its the cam or headset, the computer itself just cant have any sound input while the cam is on

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.