Messenger on an iMac...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air | iPad | iPhone | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | no more money
You can run messenger on your mac.

You can also run AOL through ichat and you can run AOL, MSN and more using AdiumX.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.16Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, iPod (30gb w/video)
Thanks! Also, slightly off topic, but does anyone know of a web resource to learn Mac OS X? I'm having a bit of a difficult time at the moment.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air | iPad | iPhone | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | no more money
Thanks! Also, slightly off topic, but does anyone know of a web resource to learn Mac OS X? I'm having a bit of a difficult time at the moment.

No Problem.

These two resources might help you get started with your Mac:

Mac 101
Switch 101 (If you're coming from a Windows background).

Other than that, I'd say this forum is your best bet - any questions, use the search feature - you can be almost certain that someone will have asked the same question and if no-one has asked then ask away and I'm sure someone will do their best to help you.

Edit:

Welcome to mac-forums by the way :)

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.16Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, iPod (30gb w/video)
Thanks. I was going to run out and get an iMac tomorrow, but I think I'll wait until after the WWDC in June.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 17" intel core duo, 512mb,160gb, super-drive
i am having trouble installing msn messenger on my imac..after i download it, and try to open it, it says that i have to choose an application to open it with..not sure what to do here...also i was wondering if there was anyway to switch your user name in ichat..when i first opened it, i put in my .mac user name, but would like to switch it to my aim user name..if anyone could help me out i would appreciate it..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.66Ghz, 4Gb RAM, 320Gb HDD, OSX 10.5.6
If you also want webcam support with a msn client, try doing a search for aMSN, works great on my iMac - easy for me call downstairs for coffee :eek:neye:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.