ME280ZP - iPad mini 2nd Gen how to transfer pictures to mbpr?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Catalina 10.15.3
when l connect it, l see it on Finder but cannot get access to any of the pictures and media l want to back up on my external HD. instead see:
Screen Shot 2019-12-02 at 05.58.12.png
so l tried to airdrop the pics from the ipad to mbpr, but that doesnt seem to do either. this is quite common to have airdrop fail initially. only after switching off on the bluetooth on the devices it is usually successful, but nothing. how can l transfer the pics from ipad?

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Give Image Capture a try. See here
There are other ways to do it as well. See Here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rdGen, iPhone 13 ProMax, Watch S7, 2018 15" MBP, AirPods Pro
You can set the iPad mini up as the "new device". It's only asking that, because it has never been connected to that computer before.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP Retina mid 2015 15.4" 16GB 2.5 GHz OS Monterey; iPhone 12 128gb; iPad Mini 5, 64gb
I have a mini2 and import/back up via iTunes.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Catalina 10.15.3
IMG_1662.JPG
You can set the iPad mini up as the "new device". It's only asking that, because it has never been connected to that computer before.
ferrarr and others , thanks for sharing your knowledge. all appreciated. so when connect to my mbpr select 'new device' and it definitely won't delete all that is on it? l can't remember when it was connected, but sure it might have once?
l can update it to IOS12, its currently on 8.1.3. when l click general, software update it says l have to connect it to my mbpr itunes. but not sure where it is now, have podcasts and music icons. itunes doesnt seem to be there anymore. mbpr is on latest software l think. please help on this update. l will try image capture later and if that doesnt work try connecting to computer and choosing 'new device' after get confirmation it won't delete all that is on it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP Retina mid 2015 15.4" 16GB 2.5 GHz OS Monterey; iPhone 12 128gb; iPad Mini 5, 64gb
View attachment 30754
so when connect to my mbpr select 'new device' and it definitely won't delete all that is on it? l can't remember when it was connected, but sure it might have once?

Can't see how it would delete. You can only do that by reformatting.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.