Me again

M

Mayhem

The problem now is I was downloading Firefox and like my iBook shut off and now there's an icon on my desktop which is the undownloaded firefox and when I try to put it in the trash, it says it's being used by another task. How do I delete it?

Later,
Mayhem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" G5 iMac; 14.1" G4 iBook; 60Gig iPod Video
Open your trash bin, then in the top left of your desktop, just to the right of the blue apple click on 'Finder' and scroll down to 'secure empty trash.' That should work.

-Chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
mac hd>applications>utilities> activity monitor, look for something that could be using it, or change its extension.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Have you tried restarting your computer? Before you open anything up after that move it to the trash.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
schweb said:
Have you tried restarting your computer? Before you open anything up after that move it to the trash.
I think it was 'like' restarting, his ibook shut down, at some point, he must have turned it back on. why did it shut down?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
What do you mean by 'undownloaded' anyway? Do you mean an incomplete Safari download icon? If that's the file you want to delete, just make sure Safari isn't open and trash the file.

If you mean a .dmg file container, make sure that you've dragged Firefox into your apps folder and launch it from there. If you drag the icon from the .dmg file into your dock, you won't be able to delete the .dmg if Firefox is open...

OP
M

Mayhem

Sometimes my iBook shuts off from being on the internet. If you can explain why, please do. It looks like the icon that shows it downloading, except it's not.I'm on a iBook G3 with a 10.2 OS.

Later,
Fatty

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.