MBPr 13" screen replacement and time?

Reaction score
I have apple care on my Macbook pro retina 13 inch (late 2013) and my screen has these annoying green spots that show when I'm watching movies or when their are dark colors on the screen (the spots are in the middle of my screen). My question is will they replace my screen for free? I'm worried because the top left corner of the aluminum lid of my mac has a dent from accidentally hitting a door frame (not a big dent but still noticeable). The green spots have been their long before the dent but I'm worried they will charge me because they will say the dent caused the weird spots but obviously it didn't. If they do replace the screen, how long will it take or do I get a replacement? My computer also has some other problems like faulty power button and wifi. If they do replace the screen, do they replace the whole top because it be nice not to have the dent anymore for better resell value later? Sorry for being long but thanks if you read and appreciate a response.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and welcome to the forumds.

Very likely they may want to charge you as knocks that cause dents can cause damage to gfx and drives. You will never know unless you take it back, smile nicely and throw your self on Apple's mercy Alan.

Keep us posted?

Reaction score
It depends what you need to be fixed.

It is possible to do a mere LCD Panel replacement if there are cracks/damage to the screen but in other cases it is necessary for the whole top-case to be replaced as it affects other functions of the MBP.

What is the main issue with your LCD having to be replaced?

OP
A
Reaction score
The screen has weird green spots that show when the screen has something dark on it. It isn't the software that causes it. What do you think?

OP
A
Reaction score
My MBPr screen has green spots and they've gotten worse. They are not due to physical damage so I plan to take it to the genius bar. I understand usually they replace the screen but I can't go a day without my macbook because of school and I live 2 hours from the store. What would typically happen in my case and could I possibly get a replacement instead of waiting for a repair?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
@alankalf

Please stop cross posting the same question. Always continue to post in the same thread you started. You posted three times on the same subject to different threads. This causes confusion and scattered answers. All your posts have been merged together here.

Reaction score
My MBP 15" Retina, 18 months old screen was delaminating around the edge, looked sort of "silvery". I do have Apple Care and took it to one of their outlets and they changed the screen there and then, took about an hour! Apple Care, the best £75 I ever spent!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I do have Apple Care and took it to one of their outlets and they changed the screen there and then, took about an hour! Apple Care, the best £75 I ever spent!

That's an excellent example of why we recommend purchasing Apple Care especially if you have a portable Mac like your rMBP. You saved at least $500 (whatever that is in your currency) by purchasing Apple Care.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.