MBP and SDKs

Reaction score
Hey guys,
New to the board and generally new to mac computers.
I just downloaded the iphone SDK and and installed it and I cannot find it to run it. Also installed the Xcode and same thing.

Can someone shed a little light on getting started on this please? I looked for web support but no luck.
Or is there a thread here that has covered this?

thanx !!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Have you looked into your applications folder and under utilities.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4Ghz, 2Gb, 160HDD & 10.6.2 / Aluminum Keybaord & Mighty Mouse / WD MyBook 1TB
click on spotlight in the top right of your menu bar
Picture2.png
and then run a search for those two and you'll see where the file is for locating it or just simply opening it up.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Xcode is in /Developer by default, not in /Applications. Open up Finder, click on your HD (default name is "Macintosh HD") and open the Developer folder. In that folder is an Applications folder - this is where you will find Xcode.

OP
B
Reaction score
ya i read that it is the devoloper folder, however it just takes me thru a bunch of folders and there is no launchable application in any of them.

Is anyone willing to do screen sharing support ? via team viewer or ichat?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Did you follow my previous instructions? If you didn't change the default install directory, the apps are in /Developer/Applications. You can also open Spotlight and search for xcode - just did it here and it came up as the Top Hit.

Again, open up Finder, go to your HD > Developer > Applications. If you can't find it that way, go to Finder, push Shift-Command-G and enter "/Developer/Applications" (without the quotes).

OP
B
Reaction score
i didn't change any of the install options so it should be as default.
this is mine,
mac hd/(developer is not here)sdk/macosx10.6sdk/developer/header, or usr..
and nothing launchable.
when i d/l'd the sdk it also had a folder called packages with a whole bunch of sdk programs or something.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sounds like you didn't install the right packages. What did you open to start the installation? You need to install Xcode from the XcodeTools.mpkg package.

OP
B
Reaction score
i attached pics of what i got, hope it worked ....
ok i guess it didn't work.

i need someone to IM support this lol

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.