MBP Aluminum cold on chest

Reaction score
I have the new aluminum 13" macbook pro, got it for Christmas.

My biggest complaint, and also hoping for a solution, is how cold it gets. This seems like a good thing(I mean hot notebooks are bad too).

Alot of the time I lie in bed with no shirt on and put the notebook on my chest. It is really cold. Any suggestions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
| '09 24" iMac 3.06 8GB | '09 iPhone 3GS 32GB | '09 ATV 1.16TB | '07 23" ACD | '06 15" MBP |
LOL are you serious?

The biggest issues with laptops is how hot they get and you are complaining about how cold they are? Put a shirt on, McConaughey.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 11,2 <--DAW!!!
^^^^ ROTFLMAO!!!!!!

Keith... bruh... did you really have to post that??? :Oops: TMI mate... TMI...

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I think you should take it to the Genius Bar.... they could use a good laugh too.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Is there anything people don't complain about? Obviously you can't please people at all.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Alot of the time I lie in bed with no shirt on and put the notebook on my chest. It is really cold. Any suggestions?

Ooh yes...the obvious answer here is...PUT A SHIRT ON!

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13"
To warm up your MBP you can watch some videos on youtube while having your MBP on your bed. Then put it on your chest and see how it feels. ;D

Stoopid Flash! :Shouting:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15"MBP 2.66, 750GB 7200RPM HD, 8GB RAM; iPhone4S 64GB; 32GB iPad, White, AT&T.
This dude was joking right? That HAD to be a joke......

OP
K
Reaction score
this was a reasonable question. im trying to get an optimal result. plus you have no idea what i look like, i could be a body builder. typical forum response though, no help and just ridicule.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MacBook Pro; 2.66GHz, 4GB RAM, 320GB HDD
Ok, here's a reasonable response. Do some high graphics work and it will get warm.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Well use a pad of some sort as i do when it gets too hot. As much as it was a reasonable question, and from what ive seen in here, it would have been the 1st post about a machine being too cold.
Dont be too hard on the ones that replied, as it is a funny thread title. Is the only reason i came in for a read... I DID get a giggle out of it.
So yea something like a
Mouse Pad.
Terrie towelling cloth.
anything between you and machine ....

C

chas_m

Here's another ridicule-free suggestion: the posture you describe is REALLY bad for you, and you should change it.

Sit up more in bed, and use the laptop on a little "bed desk" like so:
FA2545_FY_0308_CSW_CH.jpg

The laptop needs to sit on a flat surface. Your chest may (or may not be) flat, but that's a lot of electromagnetic equipment sitting right next to your heart. Call me paranoid, but that's just not a good idea.

These bed-desks usually have a soft cushion underneath and a flat surface on top, which is ideal for the machine. Don't just put the laptop on a cushion -- it will sink into it and block the vents.

Hope that helps, and sorry about the homophobes.

OP
K
Reaction score
Here's another ridicule-free suggestion: the posture you describe is REALLY bad for you, and you should change it.

Sit up more in bed, and use the laptop on a little "bed desk" like so:
FA2545_FY_0308_CSW_CH.jpg

The laptop needs to sit on a flat surface. Your chest may (or may not be) flat, but that's a lot of electromagnetic equipment sitting right next to your heart. Call me paranoid, but that's just not a good idea.

These bed-desks usually have a soft cushion underneath and a flat surface on top, which is ideal for the machine. Don't just put the laptop on a cushion -- it will sink into it and block the vents.

Hope that helps, and sorry about the homophobes.

never really thought of how bad it is. just find sitting in bed to be really uncomfortable. i almost bought one of those desk things the other day in the store, i just dont really like things on my lap, find it uncomfortable.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 Ghz, 2GB RAM
I wish I could put my laptop on my chest without being fried :(

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Folks, I took out a number of posts here in an effort to try to clean up this thread and keep it on-topic (however silly that may be). Just FYI, play nice.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac,Macbook Pro
HAhah hahah thats so funny lol. Warm up the laptop with your body? This is so funny lol

OP
K
Reaction score
i mean this is far better than all my other laptops which have prob made me infertile over the past 8 years or so. i think im gonna get a skin and see how that works.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 11,2 <--DAW!!!
I had to bring this post back from the dead just for a good laugh again. :D

Reaction score
Too funny! It seems like (a) an odd way to use a laptop, and (b) a strange complaint, and (c) very humorous that it was posted here!

If you go outside in the winter without a shirt on might you get cold? What's the solution?!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.