MB unibody mid 2007 new hard drive

Reaction score
So I just installed a new hard drive into my macbook and the problem I am having is that in system pref>start up disk... I am unable to see my new hd.
install..
purchased 500gb toshiba 2.5 sata drive
erased and formated to mac extended journaled
used super duper to copy original 80gb apple hard drive
removed original hard drive
inserted new 500 gb hd
powered on
everything opens and works just fine except for being able to see it in the system pref under start up disk. Only reason I even looked was so that I could make sure that it was being read as the primary drive at start up.
any and all help is much needed thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Boot the machine from your original install DVD and tell us if you can see the new hard drive by using Disk Utility.

OP
H
Reaction score
worked like a charm... bad part now is that I also partitioned it to spilt the drive in half, and now can't load windows thru the boot loader... any work arounds know?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
No work arounds. Go back to Disk Utility and remove the partition and reset the disk to a single partition. Otherwise Boot Camp will refuse to work.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.