MB Air wont boot after replacing many parts

Reaction score
I have a Macbook Air 1.6 GHz. I had to recently replace the hinges, LCD, and LVDS cable (With all new parts) as result of somebody mistakenly stepping on the laptop while it was open. After all of these new parts where installed, when I tried to boot up the computer, the screen will turn white, followed by the Apple 'bong' sound, followed by the desktop wallpaper loading (but all garbled up looking), followed by Nothing. After the garbled up wallpaper loads, the computer freezes and will load no further. The dock, finder bar, nor any icons will load up.

If I unplug either side of the LVDS cable (from either the bottom of the LCD screen, or from the Logic Board), and plug the computer into an external monitor using the miniDVI port, the computer will start right up normally, and fully function. But as soon as I plug back in the LVDS cable, it goes back to not booting up.

I have tried all of the different button holding combination's when booting up, to no avail.

As a result of this, I purchased a second LVDS cable, as I figured maybe the first one may have just been defective.. but I have the same result with the second LVDS cable ordered from a different vendor than the first.

After this I figured that the only thing left, is for something to have to be wrong with the Logic Board (I was guessing with the GPU part). So I went ahead and ordered a Logic Board from one of the places on Ebay, that sells used parts that are 'Tested' to be 100% functional. I went ahead and installed the new (to me) Logic Board hoping that this would solve my problem, bc I cannot think of anything else that could possibly be causing all this. I crossed my fingers and pressed the Power button.... only to be greeted with the same frozen garbled wallpaper when I tried to boot!!

I am completely stumped at this point as well as being extremely frustrated! I don't know what else to try at this point, and only being able to use a MB Air on an external monitor defeats the whole purpose of having one.

TTIA for any help that anyone can offer!
-brad

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
I feel for you.
Unfortunately, I can't help you with this, but sit tight, and I'm sure that someone in Mac Forums will come along in the near future with some input that may steer you in the right direction.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.