Making it harder to change apple ID password

Reaction score
Good day,
I’m working at fighting an addiction. Long story short, I installed a 3rd party parental control app on my ipad to block a few specific websites and I use screen time to make sure I can’t delete that app.
now my problem is that for as long as I know or can recover my apple ID password, I can easily bypass this protection I built.

can I make it harder to change my apple ID? Right now, when I try to change it, all it wants is the password I use to unlock my tablet. It says “ this ipad can be used to change your password because you are signed into icloud and have a password enabled”.

if possible, I would like to use an email as recovery method. Can I do that? If so, how.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Welcome to our forums.

Your question would be better asked to Apple Customer Service. Currently, the password for an Apple ID can be changed easily from any device signed into iCloud provided you know your old password.

Changing your Apple ID is somewhat more complex and can lead to problems. Apple does have a way to recover a password or verify your identity via email. The most common way to verify those things and other changes is by using Two Factor Authentication (2FA).

Again, please contact Apple Customer Service. 1-800-275-2273

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.