making beats?

Reaction score
I would like to find some sotware to make beats. something that is fairy easy and has some tutorials maybe? Im trying a new 'hobbie' I guess you could say.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Base Model MacBook (White from early 2008)
Well, there is this thing called "Tenori-On". It's a neat little machine for around 1000 dollars. Although, I'm sure it's a little over priced for a hobby. You can find more info at macworld.com.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 17" 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo: 4GB 1067 MHz DDR3 (Antiglare)
Just did a little research for you and this program came up: http://www.doggiebox.com/

Check it out, maybe it's good! I hope I helped a little :p

Good luck!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.4 MacBook Pro
I know it may be a little redundant, but have you tried using Garageband? I write entire songs (including beats) in it. It can be a little tricky to figure out at first, but you get great results, check out the thread I just made with my bands myspace in it.

OP
I
Reaction score
yes, ive used garageband a little bit. its ok. im just researching to find some good software.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.53 Intel Core Duo Mac Mini; 4g RAM; 350g HD, OS 10.6.3
i use iDrum. its great, suuuuper easy to use. costs around $70. can use it as a stand-alone sequencer and export as .aiff or even just drag it into garageband as midi. also works as an AU in garageband. and you can make your own samples and then sequence them. only draw back is that it can only do 4/4. no 3/4 or 6/8. comes with a ton of pre-made beats.

Reaction score
Check out Reason 4.0. There are tons of great tutorials available on YouTube. You can run Reason rewire with Pro Tools, Logic, and Garageband.

Reaction score
for a quick easy program try fruity loops.... Its a little bit "ejayish" but good for a first timer

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook, 2.4ghz, 4Gb Ram, 250gb hdd
Nah it depends what type of music you are trying to make?
i use a pc with fruity loops to make grime, but when im making hip hop i use reason. WHat type of beats are you looking to make?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 17" 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo: 4GB 1067 MHz DDR3 (Antiglare)
i use iDrum. its great, suuuuper easy to use. costs around $70. can use it as a stand-alone sequencer and export as .aiff or even just drag it into garageband as midi. also works as an AU in garageband. and you can make your own samples and then sequence them. only draw back is that it can only do 4/4. no 3/4 or 6/8. comes with a ton of pre-made beats.

Just downloaded iDrum, it's sick. Thanks!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.