Make new folder

Reaction score
Hello to Everyone
I hope that I am in the right area to ask my question. I’m fairly new to Mac and making initial (faltering) steps. I would like, if possible, to know how I can make a new folder and transfer a file from a USB flash drive into the new folder. Any help will be gratefully appreciated my thenks in advance. (Mac Book Pro 13in)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
All you need to do, is open Finder, the navigate to say Documents or Movies or Pictures, and hit ⇧⌘N (Shift + Command + N) and this will make a new file. Name the file then double click on it to open it.
Now still in finder (and if you have Mavericks 10.9 or Yosemite 10.10) press ⌘T to open a new tab in Finder, then using the sidebar, click on your Thumb Drive you inserted.
The when that is open, click to highlight the File, and click and Drag it onto the Tab of the new Folder you just made. A green circle with a '+' sign will indicate you are adding the dragged file to that Folder and let go of it.

It will now download to the folder and you are done. If you have a earlier OS, put the new folder on your Desktop, open Finder and navigate o the Thumb Drive, and then drag the file from there to the Folder on the desktop, and the same green circle with a '+' sign will appear, then drop it in.

HTH

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.