Make iTunes Albums a single file

Reaction score
I have an older PPC6700 that works just fine and I want to use it for my music w/o the need to hook up my iPhone. My truck radio has an input for aux in and I'd rather have an old device rattling around the truck than my pricy iPhone. The only downside with the PPC is that it categorizes everything as a single file alphabetically. What I get is Bach followed by Moody Blues etc..

For example: The Wire Tap Pro recording has about 40 Linda Ronstadt tunes in a single recording so when I chose that file I get all Linda. If Bach was recognized as a single file it would be available as a single album and so on.

So, how do I make an iTune Album a single file?

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
I'd consider what you are doing very carefully before proceeding. Once you join those tracks into a single file, you're going to have to listen to the entire thing or hunt and search when you want to listen to a single song.

If that 10 yr old device does not recognize albums, genres, etc., so that you can play an album rather than just individual songs, think I'd consider getting a newer device that does recognize albums. Friend of mine just bought some $20-$30 ipod nano style device at Walmart to load his music on for exaclty the same reason - to keep it in his truck. It looks and feels like a piece of junk, but, he says it's working just fine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.