• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

'mail' word icon missing from left side of homepage.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac mid-2011, ipad.Air 2', iPhone 8+.
Screen Shot 2020-04-01 at 5.32.20 AM.png

The screen shot is of my homepage, my.yahoo.com/ Safari browser. I no longer have the 'mail' word icon on the left side. It has disappeared. Not posting about the mail icon in the dock.I am left with the thin white line.
Believe this is a Yahoo problem as my wife also lost her (right) side mail icon on her Win 10, chrome browser, earlier. I could access the settings feature and from there was able to restore her mail icon after trial and error.s. She had a PAUSE indication on her top right side. woke up my mac and like her, initially worked fine, but like hers, within a minute or so (see screenshot).

Can't believe I'm the only one with this problem. I do have TM and should be able to go back a few days if necessary, but was wondering if this was a Yahoo problem (updated software)? or an easier way to get this back. I turned 76 Monday and am hiding out from the coronavirus. 80 yr old brother-in-law has it. Been in ICU 2 weeks now

Pete

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I just checked and the "Mail" word and icon appear on the right side of the Yahoo Home Page. I accessed Yahoo using Chrome and am running the latest version of Catalina. (This without signing in to Yahoo.)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
You can probably clear Safari history, and it should reset the page layout for you.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac mid-2011, ipad.Air 2', iPhone 8+.
Screen back to normal on both computers. Yahoo must have fixed the problem. Unable to copy screen shot to this post. Unsure why. Worked before. Only 115KB on png.
Questions of what the many toolbars(?) or spaces are called: The top line with the color dots is called what? The line below that should be my Favorites toolbar. The black line below that, which includes a 'Mail' word among other things is what? The blue section below that, which includes the MAIL icon on the right is...Yahoo homepage ? I've always used the mail in the black section, just by habit. May start using Mail on right from now on.

Thank to all Pete

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.