Mail preferences

Reaction score
I have a MacBook Pro version 10.9.5. I recently found that a body of text sent in an email to me was only partially displayed on the screen. However, when I clicked on Reply the full text was displayed. My friend advised me to go to Mail, then open System Preferences and see how my mail was set up. However, on my computer there is no "Mail". On his more recent version the toolbar runs Logo, File, Edit, View, Mail (or Mailbox), etc. Mine doesn't have Mail(box). What can I do to see how my mail is set up and change it to be able to see whole bodies of text? I also can't see his "Grab" inserts. I've tried downloading Grab but it makes no difference.

M

MacInWin

Open Mail. Click on the word "Mail" in the top bar and then Preferences. From there you can set the preferences for Mail.

OP
A
Reaction score
Thanks, Jake, but there is no "Mail" in my top bar.

I have logo, Chrome, File, Edit, View, History, Bookmarks, Window, People, Help.

Adrian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Maybe trade in that MacBook Pro on a small boat and fishing rod and just go fishing and relax.

Life's too short to waste it. ;)

Sorry to interfere Jake..

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
It sounds like you had a Chrome window open when you tried to find those settings. Try clicking on Mail first to make sure you are in the Mail program. Then try following Jake's directions.

In OS X the first menu bar entry to the right of the logo contains the name of the program you're in.

Last edited:
M

MacInWin

Read the first two words of my post. Open Mail. "Mail" will appear in the top bar. Then do the rest of what I said to do.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.