Mail - Postbox

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Black, iMac, Iphone 5, iPad2
Does anyone know how to reduce the size of photo attachments? Mail gives you the option of reducing the size but I don't seem to be able to discover how to do this within POSTBOX.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBAir (2015) OS 12.3.1; iMac (2019) OS 12.3.1
Does anyone know how to reduce the size of photo attachments? Mail gives you the option of reducing the size but I don't seem to be able to discover how to do this within POSTBOX.

Now, I do not use the app mentioned above, so cannot comment on an intra-app method; but check out my first post in This Thread, and also the link provided - this discusses re-sizing images using Preview - if this is not what you need, then sorry. Dave :)

Reaction score
An old thread but I have an solution as this is a problem that still exists.

I have just released an AppleScript app that will automatically resize a selection of photos from Apple Photos, provide you with three different size options and then attach the selected size option to your default email client.

The script is only compatible with Postbox and Microsoft Outlook, but it saves a lot of messing around when trying to send bulk photos and deciding what scaling to apply to keep your email size down.

It is important to note this script adds the photos as an attachment not as an inline image.

There is a little user interaction required when first installing and running the script, so please read the install instructions in the Readme doc.

It can be downloaded from https://github.com/tnickels/ePhotos

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.