Mail indexing problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook 1.33 G4, 768 MB RAM, 60GB HD
Hi guys,

every time I click on my sent folder for a particular account, i get the following (as outlined by the red box):

screen.gif

the 'sned' thing was an attachment that I sent along with a mail. This is annoying because every time I get this, I cant quit Mail. I have to 'Force Quit'.

Is there anyway I can just empty the sent items folder for that account [tried deleting all messages, i was not successful]. where do macs store the individual accounts folders?

please help.

thanks guys
JTR

Reaction score
You can click on the 'Mailboxes' icon at the top to view the accounts, if they don't appear then try clicking on the small triangle on the 'in' box. However all the sent messages are kept in one folder, deleting them should work. At least it does on my computer. You can also go to 'Mailbox' in the menu and then down to Erase deleted messages / all accounts. Maybe this helps !!!

In future it maybe a good idea to update you account preferences so that they delete sent messages after a certain amount of time. :cool:

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook 1.33 G4, 768 MB RAM, 60GB HD
I think you got it wrong.

the whole thing is:

I cant delete messages from the "Sent folder" for that account, since the indexing is not yet complete. I've tried...multiple times.

Anyway, I just deleted the "sent items" folder for that account. it's working fine now.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.