Mail & iCloud confusion

OP
spock999
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio M1 Max 2022 32 Gb RAM, 512 Gb SSD; MacBook Pro 14" 2021 M1 Pro Both on Ventura 13.1
Tried that but it didn't work!

I am happy with the 3 accounts I set up but not happy with the conflict between my main email account and the iCloud account which are both trying to use my main email address. So the one I need to change is the icloud account which I can't do because Mail locks up if I try to do that.

The only way I can get my main mail account to work properly is by disabling the iCloud account. Not ideal (it is what I had been trying to avoid!) but at least I can now send email from my main email account without hassle.

Mail seems to work better that way anyway. It was also doing some funny things with new mail. Not marking new mail as unread even though I had ticked the appropriate box in General preferences. It started working again OK once I disabled the iCloud account. It had been working OK before I set up my main email account.

At least now I can move on to tackle the remaining stuff I have to do.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.