MAIL date sent

Reaction score
I have been having problems with incoming messages not being delivered for several days.
In MESSAGE ATTRIBUTES the date sent factor is not ticked and I cannot find out how to set that. In fact all options seem pre-set and greyed out.
Is there a way to set/reset those options?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP Retina mid 2015 15.4" 16GB 2.5 GHz OS Monterey; iPhone 12 128gb; iPad Mini 5, 64gb
Is this Apple Mail? Have you tried using a mail client such as Thunderbird?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Is there a way to set/reset those options?

Maybe you could supply of a few more details about your problem as I'm having a hard time understanding what the actual problem is.

Mac OS X version???, maybe a screenshot etc., Mail view settings??????

- Patrick
======

OP
B
Reaction score
MAC version 10.14.6 using the standard Apple mail. In the Mail settings the only two items not ticked are Date Sent and Mailbox. Everything is greyed out except SIZE which is also ticked but doesn't matter.
The reason I am asking is because here in the UK my wife and I are categorised as "vulnerable" within the virus attacks. Our food store has us marked as such for priority deliveries but emails they say were sent on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday telling us to select delivery slots all arrived on Friday - too late.
However, on my Android phone the messages arrived at the same time but were marked "...4 days ago". I have registered an incident with the supermarket who are looking into it but their agent seemed flawed when I said I used MAC.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
@bigscreen,

Welcome. I shall probably come across as thick; but what Mail Settings do you mean?

Are you talking the Settings in Mail Preferences and if so, which settings under which heading?

If you mean some other settings outwith Preferences, can you guide us as to where you find them, please?

Screenshots would be nice too, alongside your description.

Ian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
However, on my Android phone the messages arrived at the same time but were marked "...4 days ago".
Two possibilities: Although dated earlier, the message didn't actually get sent until just before it was received or your internet provider didn't deliver it on time to either the smartphone or your Mac. Getting a date won't make any difference. It will show when the store THOUGHT it sent it, not when it actually arrived.

What is it you are trying to prove or demonstrate with that date? Can't you just use the date on the smartphone?

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
I am looking at MAIL>VIEW>MESSAGE ATTRIBUTES.

Thank you for your prompt reply and for forgiving my ignorance:)

For what it's worth, these are my settings which seem to correspond with yours?

Screenshot 2020-03-28 at 2.50.42 pm?.png

Ian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Our food store has us marked as such for priority deliveries but emails they say were sent on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday telling us to select delivery slots all arrived on Friday - too late.
However, on my Android phone the messages arrived at the same time but were marked "...4 days ago". I have registered an incident with the supermarket who are looking into it but their agent seemed flawed when I said I used MAC.

From your description here, it sounds like their mail server is a bit screwed up with sending out e-mails delayed and possibly nothing wrong with your mail setup, but I would doubt with the current Virus situation that anyone at the supermarket or the ISP Mail server will do anything about the problem that they probably consider small or not important. But you never know...

- Patrick
======

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.