Mail client that's exchange server compatible?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17", Intel Core Duo
At school, we use an exchange server based mail thingy. And after a little work, I was able to set it up at home using Entourage. Thing is, I'd like to use something else, cause Entourage tends to be a bit slow, being a PPC app and all. So, is there anything else I can use that'll work, or will I just have to wait for Office 2008?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM
Mail.app, which came on your Mac, works as well. It's what I use for my exchange server-based email. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
Discerptor, Mail.app does not always work with exchange. In my office it does not. Our IT guy said he set up exhange correctly for any IMAP client, and yet it does not work.

hclincha, it is supposed to work, but trying is the only way to know.

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17", Intel Core Duo
Thing is, I'm able to download the mail with any client that's IMAP-compatible (pretty much everyone on the market now). The problems come with sending mail. Can't get the SMTP server to work with Mail.app. But it works fine in Entourage. Guess I'll just have to wait for Office 2008

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM
Thing is, I'm able to download the mail with any client that's IMAP-compatible (pretty much everyone on the market now). The problems come with sending mail. Can't get the SMTP server to work with Mail.app. But it works fine in Entourage. Guess I'll just have to wait for Office 2008

I actually had this problem once when configuring Mail for Exchange. I resolved the problem by changing the sending port from what it set it to by default to 25. I don't know if this will solve your problem, but I think it's worth a shot.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Actually, this just occurred to me. Why don't you download and use Thunderbird? It'll probably have less problems than Mail.app.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.