Mail.app message window now has extra annoying control

Reaction score
My Mail.app message windows now have an annoying additional control to the right of the "Subject" field, which pops a menu that lets me select additional Address fields to show, and a Priority field. It looks like this:

http://angel.net/~nic/mefi/Mail.app message window.png

and it selected –*out of order for extra annoying! –*when you hit "Tab" in the Subject field, or shift-Tab in the body area.

I know this thing didn't used to be there, because I didn't used to hate Mail.app... how can I make it go away?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Just started a new message here on 10.5.8 and latest version of Mail. Same as yours. That does not bother me at all as I might need some of that in the future. I will see if I can find a way to make it go away and get back to you if I do.

Edit: That is not part of the toolbar. I went through every setting and see no way to remove that. For me it's fine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.