Mail App in Yosemite

Reaction score
I am no longer able to forward messages to a group in which I could pick and choose who in that group I would forward to. I used to be able to go to Window-Address Group (or something like that) and then pick out which group, then pick and choose from there. Now, as far as I can see, I can only email a group from Contacts, and then I have to send to the whole group, including the person who sent the original email to me. Any suggestions?

Reaction score
yosemite mail

Had the same problem. Have to choose recipients from "contacts" then use the mouse to move the chosen names up to the TO, CC or BCC window. I personally liked the previous mail program

M

MacInWin

I have a distribution list (group) and when I start to type the name of the group in the To: or CC: or BCC: window, the group name appears. I select it and the group name is replaced by all the addresses that are IN the group. From there, just click on the one you want not to send it to and then press the Delete key. Boom, it's gone.

OP
S
Reaction score
Thank you for your response. I used it, and it worked perfectly. I am a happy camper.

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks

I tried that, and it worked perfectly. This has been bugging me for a while, so I am now a happy camper.

Reaction score
mail app

Thanks Macinwin, I have taken that onboard:). I had not read the previous question correctly. The people I send to are not parts of an established group but a varied collection that changes, dependant on who, and where. I found the old menu. address function somewhat more intuitive.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.