Mail accounts

Reaction score
I have 4 mail accounts which show at the top of the INBOX list.
However, each account seems to have its dedicated list of "draft, junk, trash, etc" further down the listing. I almost missed a message to-day by not noticing this.

Can I get rid of these extra sections and use just my prime mailboxes?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
I don't think you can get rid of them, but beside "Sent," "Junk," etc., are little triangles that you an click to expand to show all the underlying mailboxes. I take it from your post that something got classified as "Junk" when you really wanted to see it, so by expanding "Junk" to show all mailboxes you would see the new message in whichever account it arrived.

OP
E
Reaction score
That is really helpful, thank you. You are correct that the item was classed as junk so now I know to beware I'll be careful.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
You are correct that the item was classed as junk so now I know to beware I'll be careful.

You might want to look over your Mail Preferences Accounts > Junk tab as to what to do with incoming email that might get tagged as Junk.

ie: One option is to let everything arrive in your inbox. Including suspected Junk. Then deal with it accordingly.

- Patrick
======

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.