mail 8.2 search and smart mailboxes

Reaction score
I upgraded to Yosemite 10.10.2 (and mail 8.2) and now my smart mailboxes are empty, new smart mailboxes remain empty and searches always deliver 0 (zero) results. Anyone having the same problem? Solved it?

Reaction score
Same issue

I have the same issue over here after a clean install of Yosemite 10.10.2 and restore from time machine. Note that i could not restore my accounts with the Time Machine, but I had to manually copy my accounts to the mail app out of the time machine backup.

I've already had issues in the past where searching didn't always show the result i expected (being sure that there were mails meeting my search requests).

Now I cannot : search in mail (always 0 found), smart mailboxes stay empty, even new smart mailboxes.
Spotlight shows however good results in my mail search... (although order is very strange)

I've tried everything from reindexing with spotlight (even with terminal command), cleaning index file in mail library, correcting settings in my mail accounts (which have been changed by yosemite),...

Reaction score
smar tmailbox not working

I'm using Mail 8.2 OSX 10.10.3
I have a list of smart mailboxes that used to be full - they are now not displaying anything.

When I tried creating a new smart mailbox I get (0) finds - I found the finds manually - so I know they are there....

I recently upgraded from a 2009 iMac to a current iMac, but the smart mailbox did work AFTER the upgrade...

Please help......
Thanks in advance

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.