Magic Mouse 2 Bluetooth problem

Reaction score
Guys!

I am going crazy here. The last couple of weeks I have had serious issues with my Magic Mouse. It will either not work at all or the click and gestures wont work. It is found by the OS on my MBP 16" but usually don`t respond. I do also have a Magic keyboard and a Wacom tablet which both work perfectly. Does anyone have tips for fixing this. And yes I have tried anything from restarting, disconnect and reconnect, plug in mouse via kabel etc. Any tips would be appreciated!

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Is the battery fairly charged up? BT is susceptible to interference more so than WiFi, so cut-offs once in a while is not unheard of.

I have the magic keyboard/trackpad/headphones and once in a few weeks the BT completely cuts out and everything disconnects and after a few seconds, it all re-connects and continues to function.

I've never been able to pinpoint what causes that interruption. But it happens infrequently enough for me not to care. Additionally, it affects all BT devices, so isn't isolated to just one.

If you are having issues with just the mouse while other devices continue to behave, it might be some interference that the mouse is sensitive to.

OP
T
Reaction score
Is the battery fairly charged up? BT is susceptible to interference more so than WiFi, so cut-offs once in a while is not unheard of.

I have the magic keyboard/trackpad/headphones and once in a few weeks the BT completely cuts out and everything disconnects and after a few seconds, it all re-connects and continues to function.

I've never been able to pinpoint what causes that interruption. But it happens infrequently enough for me not to care. Additionally, it affects all BT devices, so isn't isolated to just one.

If you are having issues with just the mouse while other devices continue to behave, it might be some interference that the mouse is sensitive to.
Thanks for your reply!

Ill try to fully charge the mouse to see if that helps.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
Also, have you added any devices that use the same radio frequency? Another BT device, or a wireless land line phone, some remote controllers, home automation, etc? There are lots of things using that same band and can cause interference.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.