Magic Keyboard typing issues on Mac Mini (late 2012)

Reaction score
Hello there

Hardware

I've got an old Mac Mini (late 2012), i7, running OS X El Capitain. I'm trying to use it with a Magic Keyboard (similar to this), which I bought along side.

Problem

The keyboard connects just fine with the Mini Mac but the typing is strange. As soon as it connects, I cannot make capital letters using shift (only way is using caps lock). A few seconds later, this problem is gone but two worse appear:

-Delete is deleting forward instead of backwards;

-Arrows are not moving one character at a time but whole sentences;

Troubleshooting

I've tried everything I could, especially

-Redefining SMC (following apples tutorial) - but I do not know if I did properly since the keyboard is wireless and not built-in

-Also tried debugging Bluetooth and other things with it (following a guide by Dave Meehan - unable to post the link here)

Ending

Both (Mac Mini and keyboard) stayed a few years without daily use but seem to be working properly except for the typing. I've tried another keyboard (USB, not bluetooth) with this Mini Mac and it works properly. I've also tried the bluetooth keyboard with another computer and it works fine. Batteries are brand new.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.