MacMail Changes recipients name, fix?

Reaction score
All,

When I have incoming mail from Lee Smith, it recently changed to Sally Smith (his wife). So, now I get mail from Lee with his wife's name on it, thinking it's from her. (address is correct). My address book shows them as separate, and no where does it show Sally in any of Lee's information that I can find, but it still shows up.

When I search for a solution, I only get how to change "my" name, which is not what I want.

How do I fix that?

Larryo
MacBookPro
HighSierra

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Two things cross my mind.

Firstly, Open Mail, Click on Window on Top Menu Bar and choose "Previous Recipients".

Scroll through the list and remove both their names. That may help as future incoming emails will not be treated as coming from them. They will generate new recipients.

Secondly, it is possible that Lee & Sally share a common Apple ID - if, indeed, they are Mac users and the problem could be a their end.

Try suggestion one first and post back, please.

Ian

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.