macbook won't boot up help!!!

J

jamesx

i just got done installing the new OS update, and a problem occured on the last up date and it said it could not complete it. then it asked to restart. when it restarted it just sits at the gray apple screen with the apple sign with the spinning thing under it. it was sitting there for like 5 mins so i decided to dry to restart it by holding the power button. it restarted and it is still doing the same thing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
If you tried to install several updates this could very much be possible. I remember waiting for 5-10 min. after installing a certain update. Well, give it some time and see what happens.

OP
J

jamesx

ok. i will try and wait and see what happens. it was installing 3 updates. something to do with airport extreme, them iphoto and then osx10.4.9. the osx10.4.9 is the one that could not finish.

OP
J

jamesx

well its been sitting here for like 10 mins. i think its broken. my trusty ole pc still works...

OP
J

jamesx

talked to apple, they are having me do an archive install. they said that the update is really new and that there may be some problems with it or an error happened. so far it looks like it fixed it. apples tech support is the best i have ever seen. they were on the phone right away and they spoke perfect English!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook,2Ghz CD,1.5GBRAM,100GBHD,SL.PowerbookG4 12"1Ghz,768MbRAM,40GBHD,Leopard.imac G3 400Mhz,10.4

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.