Macbook won´t turn on

Reaction score
All of a sudden my mac won´t turn on. When I hit the power button it goes to the white screen and I hear the start up noise, then it goes to the white screen with the apple where it does not do anything for about 5 minutes that it goes back to the black screen and starts all over again ad infinitum.

I was gone for a week prior to this so I had shut down my macbook while it was at 50% battery like it said to in other forums that I read.

When I came back it booted up fine except every 2 minutes or less I was getting the spinning wheel of death no matter what application I was using. I decided to install updates to see if it would help and it didn´t.

It was so frustrating after that that I decided to restart the computer and that´s where it wouldn´t turn on again.

Any suggestions?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Try booting from the original gray/silver discs that came with the computer when new.

Don't forget to hold down the "c" key when rebooting.

- Nick

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
No need to double post...as you can see someone (me) already replied to your 1st post.:)

Thanks,

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" 2011 iMac // 12GB RAM // 1TB HDD // 6770MB 512
Boot to your operating system disk and verify/repair your disk using Disk Utility and report back.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.